SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Replacement sweep strip on bottom of Pella storm door.

A handy person from Broken Arrow, Ok. says:
I need a replacement for the "T" shaped weather strip that slides into the channel located on the bottom of my Pella door. The flexible strip helps to stop water and insect intrusion at the bottom of the door.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Good morning! Thank you for posting in our discussion board. I am not sure what sweep you will need, exactly. I recommend that you start out by looking through our selection of Replacement Door Sweeps and seeing if you can spot a replacement in that category.

If you can't, can you please take the sweep out of your door and take a few profile pictures of it separately.
A home owner from South Carolina says:
Hello

I've a Pella storm door that I need a new sweep for. For me, it's hard to tell what I need. Attached is the side view of the door, with the damaged rubber just hanging. The door is 1" in thickness, and you can see a groove for the rubber on one side. On the other, there is an edge. It's hard to tell if something is missing from that side of what it is used for, but need to replace.

Please help if you can! Thank you :)
User submitted a photo of window hardware.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thank you for posting. Can you tell me how wide the slot is? Alternatively, we would need to know the width of the top part of the "T". Let me know!
A quick learner from South Carolina says:
The Top of "T" is 1/8". I'm just wondering why there is another groove on other side of door ( see pic I sent last time). Still, is all I need just a T groove sweep?

Thanks. John
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
I'm not sure what the groove is on the other side of the door. Are you talking about that little bump? It could just be part of the door, it doesn't look like it houses anything.

Either way, it looks like the problem is the rubber sweep itself. You could check out our 58-162 and see if this could work as a possible replacement. Let me know what you think.
A home owner from Philadelphia Pa says:
I also have a Pella storm door (model 482S) that needed new door sweeps, my door has 2 sweeps.
same profile as above photo.
I purchased 2 of your 58-162 door sweeps and they fit perfectly.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)