SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Replacement track and rollers

A quick learner from Dallas says:
I have an aluminum sliding glass padio door, all one single unit, that the dual track and rollers are worn. I want to replace the track because one of the two tracks has been worn down all the way to the threshold and allows the door to come off track.
User photo of their aluminum sliding glass patio door track and roller.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
I believe your rollers are the 81-143 rollers. As for the track I would try the higher track cover 80-100. You might have to file or grind down the sides of your existing track so it will fit over top of the existing track. I feel this will do the trick for you.
The two existing tracks have squared edges with 90 degree sides and tops. Won't the track cover 80-100 create a empty pocket above the existing track? The door is not that heavy but a gap would exist with the largest part located where the existing track has been worn down to the surface of the threshold.

The 81-143 rollers look like a match :) Thank you for helping me with those!

Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
I have successfully completed projects with the 80-100 tall track cover in situations similar to yours. I have personally used the track cover with very heavy doors, and the cover did go a little over top of the existing track. Keep in mind, the 80-100 is a heavier gauge steel compared to the other track covers.
I will order the track cover and the rollers and give it a try. I'll post the results when I'm finished (or stuck!).

Thank you for you help :)
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)