Replacement tracks on sliding doors

A home owner from Ukiah, CA says:
We have an 8ft door, double pane, very heavy. Our track has been worn down on one side. We use a doggie door glass door insert as well.

One part of the track is worn down, lower than the rest of the track, therefore, our door will not stay closed. It slides back open about 1/4th to 1/2 an inch.

We lock the door from a screw insert lock at the top. Now we have to do this every time we go in and out the door. I am a "short wife"...major pain to stand on tip toe every time I want to go out! Slightly open lets in heat/cold, bugs.

I am concerned about getting the right type and size(height) so the wheels inside the glass door will be able to adjust. The replacement track needs to be strong because the door is very heavy.

It also seems like holding it in place with the screws as I saw in your video would then interfere with the door being able to slide and close.Does one file them down?

Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting! Hopefully I can solve this for you. Before we begin, though, could I have a few pictures of your track, so that I can have a better idea of what we're dealing with here? Thank you!
A home owner from Ukiah, CA says:
Here is the track.
A customer submitted photo of a door track.
Profile picture of Dave
Based on that picture, what you have looks similar to our tall track cover, 80-100. Take a look and see what you think.

As for screwing it down, you shouldn't have to file the screws down.
A home owner from Ukiah, Ca says:
The width of the door track bump where it slides is 1/4 inch approximately, hard to measure.The height of the track seems to be about 2/16 in height.

It seems like I might need the smaller track replacement. What do you think?

I have sent my images. I cannot take a photo straight on of the track.

Thanks
Profile picture of Dave
In that case, if your track is not too tall, I would check out our 80-102 or 80-103, depending on the length of your track.
Reply to Thread
* Mandatory fields
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
80-100 : 8' Sliding Door Track Cover, Large
80-100
Price: $28.45
8' Sliding Door Track Cover, Large
80-102 : 6' Sliding Door Track Cover, Small
80-102
Price: $12.95
6' Sliding Door Track Cover, Small
80-103 : 8' Sliding Door Track Cover, Small
80-103
Price: $13.45
8' Sliding Door Track Cover, Small
How to install a sliding glass door track cover
Video
How to install a sliding glass door trac...
How to Replace a Patio Sliding Glass Door Roller [1080p]
Video
How to Replace a Patio Sliding Glass Doo...
How to replace a sliding glass door roller
Guide
How to replace a sliding glass door roll...
How to maintain a sliding glass door
Guide
How to maintain a sliding glass door