SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Replacement weatherstripping for Pozzi casement window

A home owner from New Mexico says:
Size is 1/2" wide by 34" long, 45 degree taper on each end. Pozzi wood casement windows circa 1995. I need a continuous roll that can be cut to size, need to replace strips on many windows in my home.
User submitted a photo of weatherstripping.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Good morning! Take a look at our 55-169. Could that be a possible match? I can't say for sure without more detailed dimensions, but carefully compare it to your sample and see if you think it will work.
A professional from Augusta, Montana says:
Property Manager. Pozzi window casement and awning. The weather stripping may not be the problem. The wood groove that the weather stripping fits in may have enlarged and now the stirpping won't stay fixed in the groove. Thought about spot welding with some glue here and there. Do they make an oversize model for the slightly larger wood groove?
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Hello! I talked to a wood window manufacturer and they suggested using small galvanized staples to hold it in. A type of adhesive could also work, but the staples might be a better fix.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)