SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Replacement wheels

A quick learner from west palm beach says:
I recently replaced my sliding door rollers the door opens to our pool and they promptly failed, I was hoping to replace with a tandem style water resistant type of roller? I have some pics of the old rollers, Thanks Robert
Profile picture of Paul Sr.
Paul Sr. from SWISCO responded:
We would be happy to look to see if there is a nylon or a stainless steel version of the roller you are looking for. Attach your pictures to a reply post.
A quick learner from west palm beach says:
I have a sliding glass door that opens to our pool and just replaced the rollers, which became wet and stopped working, I would be interested in getting some ball bearing, water resistant tandem style wheels for this door I have the original set that I replaced, I'll enclose some pics, Can you give me some prices and options etc.
Thanks Robert
Customer image of their sliding glass door roller.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Look at our rollers 81-038 & 81-057 in nylon. See if one of them will work for you. Please note having patio doors near a pool will shorten the life span of a roller.
A quick learner from west palm says:
Thanks, I am leaning towards replacing the wheels with your 81-241 Stainless steel wheels, these are the same size and hopefully easier rolling and corrosion resistant, how are the axles re-installed? Thanks Robert
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
I would not suggest that. You are better off changing the the complete housing. I only replace the wheel when housing is not available. In your case, if the 81-038 or 81-057 match your roller that is what I would do. If you are afraid of corrosion use some grease on the roller before you reinstall it.
A quick learner from west palm says:
I just am so tired of removing these doors to fix these rollers and i want them to open with as little effort as possible, I was hoping the stainless steel would be made to a more precise tolerance and roll better, solving both my problems. Is the complete assembly available with s/s rollers? Thanks
Profile picture of Paul Sr.
Paul Sr. from SWISCO responded:
Unfortunately yours and our rollers (81-038 & 81-057), have the roller riveted to the wheel housing. You would have to drill out the old rivet and install 81-241 roller with a new rivet. Finding the correct size rivet could be a problem.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)