SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Replacement window channel balance

A quick learner says:
I need to replace a couple of 9/16 balances for an up-down sliding window.
The length of the metallic part is 28 1/2 inches. Which channel should I order?
User submitted image of their window hardware.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
We should be able to replace this, though it will need to be custom made. Before we begin, can you show me a picture of the metal clip at the end of the cord? Can you also tell me how many you need?
A home owner from VA says:
Attached is the Balance end piece clip required for the balances. Please quote for a set of 2 balances.
User submitted image of their window hardware.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
I'm sorry, I'm a little confused now. This new picture appears to be for an entirely different balance. The pulley wheel for the balance in your first couple pictures is actually built into the bottom nylon shoe, so you shouldn't be able to remove the shoe and still have the pulley wheel in the metal channel. Is this for another balance? Did you also need to replace that? Please let me know.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)