Replacement window hardware

A quick learner from Hunt Valley, MD says:
Hello. I have 31 windows in my home. They are in fairly good condition, but the plastic pull tabs on the corner pieces are all breaking (see picture #1), and I can't pull the screens in. In addition, the retainer plungers are all breaking too (see pics 2,3,4). I am look for a better quality pull piece that will fit the screens, new better plunger assemblies and top corner pieces that include the detent to hold them in (see pic 5). The manufacturer sent me a supply of bottom pieces, but they don't have the detent (see pics 4, 6), and they only sent me a total of 49 of them.

I also need a cover for the tilt latches on the windows if you have these (see pic 7). One is cracked.

Dimensions:

Frame measures .753 X .44 with a .375 Lip I assume this translates to 3/4 X 7/16 with a 6/16 Lip?

The Retainer Pins are 1.33" Total Length; 1.13" Base of Head to Tip; The Pocket in the window measures .4" deep

CAN YOU HELP ME?
Customer images of his window hardware.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
The nylon pull pin is Swisco's 70-195 Window Screen Pin. The corner key in picture #6 is the Swisco 95-206 Square Cut Corner, and Swisco uses 95-205 for the corner shown in picture #1, and a separate finger pull, Swisco's 70-128 Screen Panel Pull. We have several latches similar to the one shown in picture #7, however we will need dimensions to give you a definite answer. You may want to take a look at the 26-334 Top Tilt Latch Set and the 26-337 Top Tilt Latch Pair in the meantime.
A quick learner from Hunt Valley, MD says:
Mike, this is a great help. I have two more questions: 1) Is there a better replacement for the pull pins than the ones I already have (pic 3) that keep breaking...maybe something with a spring and more weather resistant? I don't mind drilliing out the holes if necessary. 2) How do the nylon panel pulls get installed, under the spline? Will they weather and break, or will they hold up? If they'll weather and break, is there a substitute part..maybe metal?
Profile picture of Tom
Take a look at our metal pull pin with spring cap, 70-009. However, you will need a step down drill bit, 75-032, Drill Bit. The 70-128 panel pulls are rolled under the screen and screen spline, and have a longer life span.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
The black snap on cap takes up the 1/2" on the pin. Other screen manufactures have used this pull pin with this metal.
A quick learner says:
Now if these are 1 1/2" long and the plastic pieces are just over 1' long, aren't these too long?
A quick learner says:
How do I determine which size spline to use?
Profile picture of Tom
Swisco's 59-150 .150 Foam Screen Spline should work with your application.
Replace an Internal Latch with a Surface Mounted Latch [1080p]
Replace an Internal Latch with a Surface Mounted Latch [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to install the 70-009 window screen frame plunger pin
How to install the 70-009 window screen frame plunger pin
VIDEO
WATCH >
SWISCO Foam Screen Spline
SWISCO Foam Screen Spline
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Re-screen an Andersen Window Screen [1080p]
How to Re-screen an Andersen Window Screen [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
GUIDE
READ >
How to install a screen window plunger pin
How to install a screen window plunger pin
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.