SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Replacement window lock

A home owner from Philadelphia says:
I need to replace several broken window locks. They are WeatherCraft window locks. The base of the lock measures 2-3/4" in length. It look like your product code # 90-173, except that it is a 1/2" longer. Do you have anything that will work as a replacement? If you don't have a 2-3/4" replacement, can I use the 90-173 as long as I drill new holes for it in the window frame?
User submitted a photo of a window lock.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
We may have something that can work. Total length isn't the best way to determine a match, though. Can you instead tell me the distance between the installation holes? Make sure to only measure from the center of the holes, not their edges.
A home owner says:
i believe it measures 2-1/4" between center of the installation holes (see picture attached).
User submitted a photo of a window lock.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
It's a little hard to tell, but I think you're right. If the hole spacing is 2-1/4", I think our 90-173 is a great place to start. You wouldn't need to redrill any new holes!
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)