Replacing 10-139 Shower Door Hook Bottom Guide

A handy person from Miami Beach says:
Step 1: Remove the old shower-door guide.

I can't. Detaching it from the DOOR was duck soup. Getting it out of the groove appears to be impossible. It would APPEAR that the originals were slid onto the bottom track with the end(s) of the track free. Now, of course, the track is sealed to the tub edge. There are ways to put the old guides aside or even remove them by cutting the track (if I do this, which end do I cut at? Near spout or far from spout?).

Bigger question: how will I be able to install your replacement? Maybe it's differently made from the original so it can be tilted in. Or maybe I'll need the cut discussed above to install them.

Or maybe you recommend taking the track off the tub edge and sealing it back on with your replacements installed.

Just DYING to know. In the meantime, I have another shower.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
I'm not sure what the issue would be. In my experience, you would just hook it in the track, then screw it to the door. You certainly don't want to take the track off. Could you take some pictures of where you're having issues?
10-139 Shower Door Bottom Guide Instructions
10-139 Shower Door Bottom Guide Instructions
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.