SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Replacing Andersen Corp Sash Balance 519

A home owner from bloomingdale, il says:
hi !

i have a broken balance from Andersen Corp. i can see '11 600 A-3' on one side & '11 600 17' on the other. is that sufficient to identify which replacements i need ?

p.s. you're video about this is amazingly well-crafted ! thanks.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thank you! Now, we may be able to help, but we will need more information. There should be more stamps printed on the box. They may have a "#" symbol next to them, but just to be safe give me every stamp printed on the box. It may even be best to show us a picture; sometimes the way the stamps are printed is as important as the numbers themselves. Thanks!
A home owner says:
ok, i've removed the balances. they have some number/letters stamped on the attachment tab that protrudes from the rectangular box. some of the characters are hard to read, but this is what i see ...
519 1 J54 9 89
519 2 J53 9 89
the stamps are so light that i can't get them to be visible in a picture.
is this sufficient ?
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thank you. I think the key stamp here is 519, win which case I would recommend our 24-531 for both. However, if you want to be certain, I would need to see pictures of the stamps.
A home owner from bloomingdale says:
hi !

... if i could find someway to make those stamps visible in a picture, i'd send that to you (but i can't). i'll go with your guess (24-531). thanks

second question: do you sell jamb liners or should i find them locally (chicago) ? i've done a fine job of breaking the left-side jamb liner (2 sections totaling 36 3/4") which looks to be exactly the same as in your wonderful instructional video 'how to replace an andersen window balance'.

User submitted photos of an Anderson window balance.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks! Yes, 519 is the correct stamp. Our 24-531 remains our best recommendation.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)