SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Replacing Locking Door Handle

A quick learner from Baldwin, NY 11510 says:
I don't know the brand name for this handle. I know the part where the lock button is, is 2 1/4'" long. The handle is 8 1/4" long total. The width of the lock area is 1 3/4" wide. The depth of the door is 1 /4" thick. Do you have any handle matching this and if so, how much is it. And where can I purchase it.
A customer submitted photo of a patio door handle.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for contacting us. Unfortunately, I don't believe that this lock is made anymore. However, we do have a few parts that you should look at. Please see our 40-057 Thumb Latch Deadbolt Handle, our 40-039 keyed deadbolt, and our 40-117 inside latch. You may even want to look at our 40-033 Out-Swinging door handle set, or our 40-0156 Keyed Pushbutton Latch Set with Backplate. Please keep in mind that I am not sure if the bottom hole on your door will match any of these handles, but take a look at them and see if any can be used. Let me know what you think!
A home owner from Baldwin, NY 11510 says:
Hi Dave, Thanks for your prompt reply and also the info which led me to finding the right part where I could fix it myself. Thought I'd have to replace the whole set. Also discovered Item #
40-053 which looks exactly like mine. The only measurement that is questionable is the width of units plate calls for 11/16th and mine is 1". Do you think this will present a problem? The screw holes are on the right in mine as are yours. If you think this will work let me know and I will order it. Thanks Again....Very helpful staff and website.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for getting back to us. I do believe that the width would present a problem. The latch itself may not be able to reach the catch. It might be better to go with the 40-117, which has the same hole spacing as our 40-053, but also has the 1" wide plate like yours.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)