Replacing Locking Terminal

A handy person from Amherst, NH says:
I am replacing the Great Lakes Locking Terminals, 15-197, in several windows. Is there a tool, or method, that can be used to separate the plastic channel in order to do this replacement, rather then removing the trim and taking the window apart.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
I'm afraid there really isn't a method of replacing these balances or shoes without removing the jamb liners. However, seeing as how this is a tilt window, I believe you can remove the jamb liners without also removing the trim. They could be loose and float in the window frame. I could be wrong, though. This is not the case for all such windows, but it is common.
A quick learner says:
Hey Paul, this is exactly how they work. I was able to remove the windows and the vinyl jam liners popped right out. BTW, I have Green Mountain windows, in case anyone else out there needs to fix their balances or shoes. Thanks for your help.

Tom
Amherst, NH
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.