SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Replacing RIVCO window channel balances

A home owner from Nashua, NH says:
I need to replace the 750 channel balance on several windows. The stamp indicates 27 which I believe is the length. Does the 750 balance come with the S clip, if not; can I use the old one or do I order the Short clip #19-029 or the long clip # 19-030 ? have attach photos of preeent balance top and bottom. The windows are originaly built by RIVCO.
User submitted photo of their 750 channel balance.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Our series 750 is a ribbed balance with the #15-112 fitting attached.

We need the imprinted stamp on balance channel to provide you the proper replacement balance part number.

Also, your tilt shoe is our #15-109.

You can reuse the S hooks if they are in good condition still. If you need to replace them, buy the hook that matches the dimensions found in the product picture of either the 19-029 or 19-030. Do not mix them.
A quick learner from Nashua, NH says:
There is no item stamp, only the length 27
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Without the stamp, I will need the weight of your window sash in order to identify the correct balance replacement.
A home owner from Nashua, NH says:
The window weights 18 lbs. Sorry about the delay, daughter on vacation Thank you.
Profile picture of Donna
Donna from SWISCO responded:
If the Series 750 balance you have measures 27" in length and the sash weighs 18 pounds, choose stamp option 26R.

A 27" Series 750 balance with stamp option 26R will carry a window sash weight range of 10 through and including 19 pounds.

This information is based on 2 balances per sash. Balances are designed assuming friction in the jamb weather-strip will carry a portion of the sash weight. Suggested sash weights are approximate.

Check the length of the balance before ordering, if you are only going by what is stamped on the original balance it may actually measure a different length.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)