SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Replacing a Maxim Multi-point lock

A quick learner from Casselman, Ontario Canada says:
HI, I just received my 6 lb series 152 coil balance and this fit perfectly. It has been 2 yrs since I have been looking to find a replacement... Thanks... Now I also received a Maxim Multi-point lock Slider (handle) (also from you) , but I don't know how to open the window. It snap during the cold days(-35c) but it is still lock. The fork park broke but the mechanist to keep the door closed and lock is still on.. Can you help on that?
Again thanks for the coil balance...
Michel
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Great, I'm glad that coil balance worked! As for the lock, I'm afraid your options are limited. When a lock like yours breaks with the window closed, you could try to somehow manually throw the lock with a screwdriver (or whatever other tool could get in there). Otherwise, you would have to somehow cut or drill it out. It's not an easy fix, and there's no one sure-fire solution, so you may want to contact a local professional to come out and see what they can do with it.
A quick learner from Casselman Ontario says:
Yes I followed your advice by making a hole in the old piece (see pic attached) and then with a screwdriver pushed. It openned and then it was easy. Again thanks
Michel
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Awesome, glad it worked out!
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)