SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Replacing sliding glass door rollers

A quick learner from Lake Elsinore says:
I live in my inlaws 20 year old home and am trying to replace the rollers to the glass door. I have watched multiple videos on how to remove the doors from the frame and have followed these to no avail. The stationary door hasn't been moved most likely since it was installed and is not budging now. I've tried using wd-40 to lubricate the frame and still no movement. Any suggestions on how to get this door out of the frame???
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Did you try raising and removing the sliding door from the inside? Is there caulking on the side at the bottom of the stationary door? If so, carefully cut it with a utility knife. Since the stationary door hasn't been moved for 20 years, you might want to use a flat bar or chisel and see if you can loosen it by sliding the tool under the door and breaking it free from the sill. Otherwise, I would recommend contacting a local handy person to come out and help.
A quick learner says:
Thanks Paul! I was able to jar it free by using a plastic putty knife so the job is done.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)