SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Replacing window spiral balances and pivot shoes

A home owner from Canton GA says:
I've narrowed down what I need to your Spiral Pivot Shoe, 1/2" Thick, Blue Break Product Code: 15-188 and 35" Series 900 Spiral Balance Product Code: S900-35, my windows are 20.5 lbs ea (I weighed them) should I go with a white tip or a green tip? Windows are 32"w x 72"t.

I plan to order 1 set to see if they work well as replacements (old ones snapped - had plastic tubes), then I've got a dozen more windows I should just plan to replace as they are getting difficult. Also what charging tool should I use and how should it be used?

Thx
Mike
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting. Can you confirm what balance Series you have? Based on your description I think you might want our Series 600 spiral balance instead. Is the diameter of your outer tube 9/16" or 3/8"?

If you do have the S900-35, then I recommend the Green Tip. If you have the S600-35, you would want our Red Tip instead.
A home owner from Canton ga says:
No markings on windows to determine original manufacturer. Old tubes are plastic 3/8" o.d. Replacing for single hung tilt windows.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Great! Thank you for confirming. If the original diameter of the old rubes are 3/8", then stick with the S900-35 with a Green Tip.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)