SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Replacrment Track for mirrorred glass door

A home owner from USA says:

I have this track but need to replace it. The current dimensions are 118" long for the track, 1 1/4" outside rail to the inner track, 1 1/2" to the next track, and 3/4" to the other side of the rail. The closet doors are 1" in diameter.

What would you recommend as replacement parts, etc.

Thanks,

Larry
User submitted photo of their closet hardware.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Hello, Larry. Our 23-259 is close to your dimensions. Check it out and see what you think. We do not have tracks as long as yours, but you butt together two shorter ones and cut off the excess.
A quick learner from Santa Clara, CA says:
Paul,

You recommended the 23-259 but the edge in my picture looks like it's beveled downward and not square such as the one in the description of the 23-259. Would there be another option to this?

Thanks,

Larry
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
I'm afraid these tracks only come with square edges. Looking at your photos the closest one we carry appears to be the 23-259, like Paul said. Assuming you can adjust your bottom rollers I don't think this will cause much of a problem.
A quick learner from Santa Clara says:
Dave/Paul,

Thanks for the input. BTW, since my measurement is 118" long, would you suggest two(2) 5' rails and cut and adjust to the desired length, if so, what other parts, such as screws, etc would I need? Also any special tools required?

How soon can these rails be delivered and what would be the price?

Thanks again,

Larry
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Yes, you can cut the rail down with a fine-tooth hacksaw like our 75-023. No other special tools would be necessary, just make sure to cut straight. You should be able to re-use your old screws. Our 23-256 is 6' long and the shortest we have in this style, it should suit your purposes. All pricing is listed on the 23-256 store page. How long it takes will depend on what shipping method you choose. You can see our options here.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)