SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Residential Door Weatherstripping

A contractor from New Jersey says:
Was looking for a good replacement weather-stripping for the standard lumber yard side or rear entry doors. They have kerf type in the jamb and we always have problems after a year or two with losing the seal. Most are Therma-Tru doors. If you

Thanks,
Mike
A customer submitted photo of residential door weatherstripping.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting, Mike!

I think the 58-056 Swinging Door Compression Foam Seal would work for you, but I can't be entirely sure. Take a look at it and see what you think. If at all possible, seeing a profile shot of your weatherstripping would help us know for certain.
A contractor says:
Paul,
Yes that is the same that is installed by the door manufacturer. I was looking for an upgrade from that if you have anything. Some doors tend to twist and or warp with the weather and you can lose the seal. Usually top on strike side. Has one that did not seal on the hinge side right from the lumber yard! Is your Prime Door Seal set a better option? Thanks for any help

Mike
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
The grade of our weatherseal should be equal to--or greater than-- that of the manufacturers.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)