SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Restoration / Fenestra "operators & operator handles"

A home owner says:
hi Folks, I'm in the process of restoring my casements, my house was constructed in 1955. On the operators is embossed "Fenestra." I have included a pic of one unit that I'm working on.

I recently found a few (maybe new) operators, hopefully to replace ones that are no longer functioning, I have included a pic of the packaging each operator came in, they are slightly different and very much the same as the original operators.

I have also included a pic of an original operator, sitting next to one of those recently purchased. Unfortunately, except for one, the operators didn't come with cranks, I can use a dozen.

Please advise,
Neil
User submitted photos of a window operator.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Fenestra casement windows often use our 39-344 and 39-358 in my experience, which come with handles that use a 5/16" spline. We also carry the handle by itself, our 39-274.
A home owner from Brooklyn, N.Y. says:
Hi Dave, took your advise and purchased 39-274 : Crank Handle, 5/16".

Did not fit onto the operator, will return.

Please advise,
Neil
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Sorry to hear it didn't work. Can you go into more detail on why it didn't work? Was the spline too big or too small? Could you tell me exactly what size spline you have?
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)