SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Retention Clip Replacement Or New Crossbow Balance With Appropriate Clip

A contractor from Mooresville, NC says:
I have identified my balance as an S850-34.5" Crossbow Balance With a 1 1/4" Black Shoe.Pat.# is 5,737,877 The issue us that the retention clip (shown broken in photo is plastic. It appears to "snap" into a small square hole an inch or so from the top of the vinyl sash. Can you help find a replacement retention clip or balance assembly. I will need 10pc. Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Kevin
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Hey, Kevin. The manufacturer of this balance stopped making them with a hook on top. Fortunately, we have a solution. We sell the 26-200 screw plug, which pops into the hole formerly used by your old hook. This will allow you to install the newer version of the Series 850 balance, which has a screw tab on top.
A quick learner says:
Perfect Paul. Thank you for the information. I will order the balances and screw plugs today. Appreciate the guidence.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
I was happy to help, of course. Thank you very much for the order! If you need anything else, you know where yo find me.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)