SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Reynolds clip for falling window

A quick learner from New Haven, CT says:
We were given your company name as a supplier for Reynolds Window parts. We purchased a Reynolds Comfort Zone Series in 1997. We are in need of a both left and right clip on bottom of window that holds in riser spring (we think).

When attempting to raise or lower window the window fall out. We got on line and looked at your catalog but cannot find this part. The only other identification of this part is the Lic Pat # 5,089,001.

Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Hey, Bill. I'm afraid that I don't know exactly what clip it is you're looking for. Could I see a few pictures? That will help us determine the best possible replacement.

Can you also tell me what you mean when you say that the window falls out? Do you mean that the window doesn't stay open or that the sash is literally falling out of the frame?
A quick learner from New Haven, IN says:
Broken Reynold's window part that clips on bottom of window holds in riser spring. License Patent # on part is 5,089,001. We need one for the right side and one for the left side with 2 screws for each part. The window falls out and will not stay up. image is attached compared to a ruler
A customer submitted image of their pivot bar.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Ah, I see. This part is what's known as a pivot bar. Your sample image here looks a lot like our 26-400, but I can't tell for sure. Carefully compare the dimensions we show online to your own pivot bar. If they differ in any way, let me know exactly how and we can try to find a better match.

As for screws, we don't have anything specifically meant for our 26-400. You could reuse your old screws, pick up some new ones at a local hardware store, or see if our 33-300 assorted screw pack has any that happen to match yours.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)