SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Roller Assembles Needed

A home owner from Houma, La. says:
To Whom Concerned,

I'm in need of two roller assembles for a sliding glass door. Below is the information found on the door.
Mayfair, Code 17-2, HP-Series, Type & Class SGD-B1-HP, Series 20, Chamberlain MFG.

I could not find any replacement parts at any of the box stores, Home Depot or Lowes.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
I'm afraid this Mayfair roller is no longer available. What I used to do when repairing Mayfair patio doors was to use our 81-266, 1-1/4" roller and axle kit and just replace the wheel while reusing the housing. Could that work?
A quick learner from Houma, La says:

That is the problem, the housing which holds the roller pin is damaged. I can place another roller and pin in there but the pin just wobbles too much.

Any other ideas??

Thanks for the support,
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Ah, I see. We may be able to figure something out, but I will need more information. Please remove the original roller from the door and take a couple pictures of it for me. We will need to see it before we can start messing around with possible substitutes.
A quick learner from Houma, La. says:
May take a day or so, I'll have to remove the door and assembly. This will be at night as I have to work during the day.

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)