SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Roller Assembles Needed

A home owner from Houma, La. says:
To Whom Concerned,

I'm in need of two roller assembles for a sliding glass door. Below is the information found on the door.
Mayfair, Code 17-2, HP-Series, Type & Class SGD-B1-HP, Series 20, Chamberlain MFG.

I could not find any replacement parts at any of the box stores, Home Depot or Lowes.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
I'm afraid this Mayfair roller is no longer available. What I used to do when repairing Mayfair patio doors was to use our 81-266, 1-1/4" roller and axle kit and just replace the wheel while reusing the housing. Could that work?
A quick learner from Houma, La says:
Paul,

That is the problem, the housing which holds the roller pin is damaged. I can place another roller and pin in there but the pin just wobbles too much.

Any other ideas??

Thanks for the support,
Tommy
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Ah, I see. We may be able to figure something out, but I will need more information. Please remove the original roller from the door and take a couple pictures of it for me. We will need to see it before we can start messing around with possible substitutes.
A quick learner from Houma, La. says:
Paul,
May take a day or so, I'll have to remove the door and assembly. This will be at night as I have to work during the day.

Thanks,
Tommy
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)