Rollyson Window Parts

A home owner from Indianapolis, In says:
I have several windows in varying states of disrepair. Ballasts, Ballast Caps (the plastic cap that the ballast rests on on the top of the window), the seal on the sides and the bottom of the window... broken plastic retainer that holds the glass in, etc..

Any help is appreciated Thanks!! Steven
User submitted photos of window hardware.
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
Looking at your second set of photos, I'm a little confused. The sash looks like a Rollyson sash with top sash carriers like our 18-124P. However, looking at your balance it does not look like the kind standard Rollyson windows use, which is our S371-29.

I know your balance is rusty, but see if you can take a photo of the number stamped on the channel. I'm thinking that this window had it's balance replaced at one time. Does your current balance work well? Have you had any problems with it in the past? If you're comfortable sticking with what's installed now, see our Series 380 channel balance. Could this work?

On the plastic glass glazing bead, take a look at our 55-158-6. I'm not sure about the wool pile, though. We would need to see it removed from the sash, as well as the width of the base and the height of the wool.
A home owner from Indy says:
I did find a number on the ballast on I new to look for it. Pic attached. I pulled a chunk of the two seal and pics are attached. Hopefully you can tell me which they are. As for the glazing I have no Idea I will just have to buy a piece and try it. It appears the entire glass must be removed to replace it. Is that correct?
User submitted photos of window hardware.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thank you. For the weatherstripping, look at our 58-099 wool pile and 58-119 bubble. As for the balance, first confirm that the length of the metal channel is 27-1/2". If so, it will have to be custom made.

Check out this Custom Channel Balance Request Form I've started for you based on your specifications and fill out the blank fields. One of our representatives will get back to you with a price quote and an item to add to your cart.
58-119 bubble does not come up? 58-099 wool pile looks to be on the money. I will pull and remeasure the balances tomorrow.
Profile picture of Paul
Oh, I'm sorry, that was my mistake. 58-119 is actually an old weatherseal we used to carry. The new version is our 58-135. Check that out instead.
So I pulled other windows in the house and they are all the same ballast.The metal does not extend evenly on all sides. how do I measure this? What size are these?
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Paul
Do you mean that one window would have two different length balances? They should be the same on each side. If you give me the height of the visible glass, I should be able to estimate the necessary length.
Identifying Replacement Weatherstripping
Identifying Replacement Weatherstripping
VIDEO
WATCH >
Replacing Glazing Bead and Glass in an Aluminum Window Sash
Replacing Glazing Bead and Glass in an Aluminum Window Sash
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace Vinyl Window Glazing Bead
How to Replace Vinyl Window Glazing Bead
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace Insulated Glass in an Aluminum Window with Snap-In Glazing
How to Replace Insulated Glass in an Aluminum Window with Snap-In Glazing
GUIDE
READ >
How to Replace Glazing in a Vinyl Window
How to Replace Glazing in a Vinyl Window
GUIDE
READ >
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.