SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Ronthor 3185530 drawer guide

A handy person from Hamburg, Pa. says:
I have recently purchased a vintage bedroom suit where almost all the drawer glides have broken. The one existing glide is signed ronthor pat. no. 3185530. This is the piece in the bottom center of the drawer that fits over the strip of wood attached to the inside of the dresser. Can you help me with replacement pieces? Thanks, Melanie
Profile picture of Paul Sr.
Paul Sr. from SWISCO responded:
Do you see any drawer guides on SWISCO.com that looks like your Ronthor drawer guide? Send us a picture with measurements of your drawer guide - so that we can see what it looks like.
A handy person from Hamburg, Pa. says:
Hello Paul,
Thanks for getting back to me in regards to my drawer guide dilemma. I have attached a photo of one of the remaining Ronthor pieces. I'm not having luck finding the piece, but think an end drawer guide might work. The pieces measure 14 1/8" long x 2 1/8" wide, approximately. Could you give me a suggestion?
Thanks,
Melanie
Customer image of their Ronthor track guide.
Customer image of their Ronthor drawer track.
A home owner from Bedford, Indiana says:
I have this same problem. I need the long plastic piece that goes on the underside of the drawer. I don't see it available in the catalog.
We do not have guide this long in our current catalog. I am researching the part to see if I can locate a source. Are there any stamps or markings on the guide?
The only stamping on the part says Ronthor, that's all.
A home owner from Tucson AZ says:
I have an 8 drawer bureau/dresser I need to replace all 8 plastic guides.the dimensions are 2 1/8 inches wide,15 6/8 inches long,approx.1/2 inch depth.the ronthor patent number is 3185530.if I can't find exact replacement parts,is there any kind of guide kits that can be substituted?
A handy person from Salinas, California says:
Hi Paul, I'm looking for these drawer slides too. The slide has two marks as follows: "RONTHOR" and "Pat No 3185530". Your help is appreciated. Thanks, Terry
Profile picture of Donna
Donna from SWISCO responded:
We have not been able to locate a source. You may be able to substitute one of our rear drawer guides, measure the rail it will ride on and try to match up to one of the guides by comparing the opening measurements the rail would slip into.
A quick learner from East Hampton says:
I'm looking for 3 replacement center drawer guides. The only marking on the guide says "RONTHOR" and the length of the track is 14.5 inches. The inside width of the track is 1 1/8 inches by about 5/16 or 3/8 inch deep. Any help here would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Customer image of their broken white plastic Ronthor drawer guide.
Alternate image a customer's Ronthor drawer guide.
A home owner from Tulsa, Oklahoma says:
I am in need of a Ronthor - Pat. # 3185530 glide for an end table. Where can I purchase one? Thanks for your help.
Does anyone know if the Swisco Rear Drawer Guide # 32-026 will work? Thanks!
I have not had any customers confirm that they were able to replace their Ronthor 3185530 guide with the 32-026 guide. Let me know if you require any more details or dimensions of the 32-026 drawer guide to help you decide if it will work before you order some to try.
A home owner from Fayetteville says:
The 32-031 looks like it could work with the Ronthor 3185530. Has anyone tried that yet? Let me know if it works.
Profile picture of Donna
Donna from SWISCO responded:
I took a look at the patent 3,185,530 from 1962. This product may now be discontinued, the profile appears similar to our rear drawer guides but they are not long in length as they appear in the patent. Take a look and see if you could adapt one to your current system. Please feel free to contact us again.
A home owner from Neponset,IL says:
March 2012 I purchased part# 32-032. Yesterday (April 2013)I finally tackled the job!!! After looking again at the parts decided that there was not a better one. So after a dremel to enlarge 32-032 I got the job done! Just removed all of the old glide and found 2 small screws and it was done and worked!!!
A home owner from edison, nj says:
Would like to buy replacement bedroom set but Salvation Army will not take our set because it's not perfect.
Approximately 8 drawers with above mentioned problem. I purchased Swissco 32-036. I removed the back end of the 3185530 to make the surface flush with the drawer. Drill 2 holes (bigger than screw ) and screw part into back (outside) of drawer. It works.
A handy person from Iowa says:
Just wanted to chime in that I bought 32-036 to replace damaged plastic Ronthor guides (Pretty much identical to the ones pictured) in a dresser I recently acquired. I removed the old plastic Ronthor guide and installed the 32-036 on the back of the drawer, aligning the 32-036 with the vertical location of old track and screwing it in place. I also added a pair of 32-083 to each drawer to help it slide better. So far, no problems and no complaints.
A quick learner from Yorktown Heights NY says:
I just wanted to thank you so much for all your input. I have exactly this problem also and was so surprised to find such clear guidance. It is so great to find such nice people out there!!
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)