Ronthor Plastic Shelf Pins

A handy person from Pittsburgh says:
Hello,

Does know of a source for brown shelf pins made by Ronthor. The cabinets and pins were made in 1979. The pins says Ronthor NYC with a little number 9 below the name (probably size/style number). I tired replacement pins from hardware stores like Home Depot/Lowes/Mom & Pops with no luck. Most are 1/4 inch diameter pin which is too loose in cabinet holes. I need the pin to be a little thicker with same style.

Thank you,
Ryan
Customer image of their Ronthor cabinet shelf pin.
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:
I was just looking for a clip for a bookshelf in my office the other day and noticed that SWISCO product code 32-305, shelf support, has a larger pin size than most, however, it measures 1/4" in diameter.
I would be happy to research the needed part, please measure the diameter of the pin by placing a ruler across the center of the pin and get back to us.
A home owner from staten island new york says:
i HAVE A SIMILAR RONTHOR BROWN SHELF CLIP EXCEPT THE NUMBER IS 20. I ALSO HAVE BEEN UNALBE TO FIND ANOTHER REPLACEMENT AT ANY LOCAL HARDWARE STORE, MOST HAVE BEEN TOO NARROW IN DIAMETER AND TOO LONG IN DEPTH. THIS HAS BEEN THE CASE EVEN WHEN I TOOK MY OLD CLIP WITH ME TO THE STORE I MEASURED THE PIN AND IT LOOKS LIKE IT IS A LITTLE SMALLER THAN 1/4 INCH IN DIAMETER. I AM UNABLE TO ATTACH A PICTURE BUT IT IS ALMOST IDENTICAL TO THE ONE PICTURED IN THIS E-MAIL, EXCEPT IT ONLY SAYS RONTHOR 20 ON IT. ANY IDEA WHERE I CAN FIND REPLACEMENTS?
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Good morning! Thanks for posting. Our 32-305 has a pin with a diameter of 1/4", so that may be the best place to start right now. Check it out and let me know if you agree.
A home owner from CT says:
I have the same exact shelf support bracket and problem. Impossible to find locally and hope you can help. I will look at the part you have indicated on this thread.
Choosing a Shelf Bracket
Choosing a Shelf Bracket
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.