Ronthor Reiss Corp drawer slide

A handy person from San Francisco says:
Is the 32-036 the replacement part for the Ronthor Reiss Corp slide #XX40-28; Pat. #3,201,187. I'm unable to read the "XX"s on the part number.
Profile picture of Paul Sr.
Paul Sr. from SWISCO responded:
The 32-036 is a Ronthor Reiss Corp replacement drawer guide.
RONTHOR REISS CORP. N.Y.C.
R-40-28
PAT. NO. 3,201,187
A home owner from Atchison, Kansas says:
Paul, I've got the exact identical part and stampings on a broken piece except Pat. Pending was stamped at the time. It is broke off @ the open/slat drive area. I need one, but a couple would not hurt for backup's as this appears to be a weak area in this design. Mike M.
A home owner from Charleston WV says:
I need to replace these on about 13 drawers...the furniture is 45 years old and still good...but they were stapled orginally...can I use a permanent adhesive sealant to attach to the drawer?
Profile picture of Donna
Donna from SWISCO responded:
I would not recommend an adhesive. If you are having trouble stapling these to the drawer, drill holes and screw to fasten. Take care not to use screws that are too long, as to not screw through the drawer.
A home owner from Chattanooga, TN 37421 says:
Are the drawer slides available in Chattanooga TN?
The 32-036 drawer guide is only available online at SWISCO.com
A quick learner from South Dakota says:
The opening on my slide that I need to replace measures 1 1/8" by 9/16". Your description says 1 1/8" by 5/16". But it seems that the scale in the picture is closer to my measurements than the measurements given for the part. Is there a different part that would be a better fit or is this the one I need? The wooden guide measures @ 5/8" thick by 1" wide. Thank you.
See the picture in this discussion about the 32-036 slot opening. I double checked the measurement and the slot does measure 1-1/8" by 5/16". I do not see a guide on our site that matches your measurements but I will look in to bringing one in for you. What else can you tell me about your drawer guide? Such as brand or any patent numbers.
A quick learner from South Dakota says:
Thanks Paul, there is a star inside a circle & inside the star is writing, I think it says Temple Industries but it is very small & hard to read. There is a patent number 3-035-880. They attach to the bottom of the drawer in the back & the wooden rail is below the drawer. Thanks, Jeanie
I am having a hard time determining your drawer hardware. I believe I found your patent, it is for the Hitchcock self adjusting drawer system from 1960. Then I found another more recent patent for an improved drawer guide from 1982 filed by Kemp Furniture Industries, Inc., where the patent 3035880 was cited. Kemp Furniture Industries was bought out by Universal Furniture Limited in 1988. So basically the hardware is probably no longer in use and has not been used in a long while, so finding a replacement is really tough. I am looking for a similar replacement guide for you but have not had any luck yet. Your best bet may be to stop in a local furniture repair shop and see if they can fix it for you.
A home owner from Guilford, CT says:
I have a Pennsylvania House dresser with Ronthor Reiss drawer glides part number R-60-28. It is also prited PAT# 3201187 Several of these are broken. I wouild like to purchase 12 of these guides.
Can you double check on the part number "R-60-28", check to see if should be "R-40-28"
A home owner from Guilford CT says:
Thak you, your right it's R-40-28. I ordered the 32-036 that is listed as the replacement part.
A home owner from San Antonio, TX says:
I need to replace a Ronthor Reiss rear guide on a drawer. The guide is marked R 40-28. What should I use as a replacement? and are SWISCO products avaliable in San Antonio?
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
The 32-036 is the preferred replacement part for your Ronthor R 40-28. We only offer our SWISCO parts online.
A home owner from White Plains NY says:
Reiss drawer guides R-26 & R-38 are available at Swisco.Com
A quick learner from Orlando, Florida says:
I've also been looking for the Reiss R-26 and R-38. Do you know Swisco's part number(s) for these?
A quick learner says:
great forum Paul. We needed a replacement for a broken 40-28 and now feel confident in ordering the 32-036!
A quick learner from Sandy Eggo says:
You gotta love the Internet! Thanks Paul! This is exactly the part I need and no luck at Home Depot.
A home owner from florida says:
I am also looking for track replacement part, it also has pat. no. 3185530, but no r- number.
Approxiately 15 inches long, width 2 3/8 inches,
and inter track siae of 1 1/8 inches.
any help in locating would be appreciated.
A quick learner from New Mexico says:
On 5/23/2010, ksomeone wrote in and described a part that I too need to replace:
Thanks Paul, there is a star inside a circle & inside the star is writing, I think it says Temple Industries but it is very small & hard to read. There is a patent number 3-035-880."
On 6/2/2010, your employee Paul replied:
"I am having a hard time determining your drawer hardware. I believe I found your patent, it is for the Hitchcock self adjusting drawer system from 1960. Then I found another more recent patent for an improved drawer guide from 1982 filed by Kemp Furniture Industries, Inc., where the patent 3035880 was cited. Kemp Furniture Industries was bought out by Universal Furniture Limited in 1988. So basically the hardware is probably no longer in use and has not been used in a long while, so finding a replacement is really tough. I am looking for a similar replacement guide for you but have not had any luck yet."
I write to see if anyone has had success in sourcing these drawer guides.
Many thanks.
A contractor from Dothan,Alabama says:
I really couldn't believe I pulled up a part #
for a drawer guide and up poped SWISCO r-40-28
REPLACEMENT PART # 32-036. We have a Dresser
that is a very nice piece of furniture and I
had looked for the part and no luck. This is
a blessing from these great folks.
Thank Ya'll very much.
Reply to Thread
* Mandatory fields
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
32-036 : Rear Drawer Guide
32-036
Price: $0.85
Rear Drawer Guide