SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Ronthor plastic drawer guide

A quick learner from Mendham, NJ says:
Hello! I am replacing a Ronthor plastic track in several dresser drawers. After reading several posts, I have read that the 32 - 036 rear drawer guide should solve my problem. I am wondering if the 32-118 will also work as it has places for fasteners. The old installation was secured with staples. I would like to use other fasteners. Will either product below work? And, do you sell the fasteners separately? 32-118Back Bearing 32-036 Rear Drawer Guide Thank you very much!
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
The 32-118 and 32-036 have very similar measurements, the width of the track opening only being 1/16" off. Would that work for you? If so, and if you are able to install screws into the back of your dresser, the 32-118 would be a good option. As for what screws to recommend, it would really depend on the dresser itself. You may want to check a local hardware store and see what they recommend.
A quick learner from mendham nj says:
Thank you! I ordered both just in case one doesn't work!!! :)
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)