SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Roto window operator is broken inside

A home owner says:
Would like to find replacement parts for my window. Thanks.
User submitted photos of a window operator.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
The operator you show in your photo has haunted me for years. It seems like it was discontinued not long after it was manufactured. It seems like nobody has this! That said, you might be able to use something like our 39-092 operator as a substitute, along with our 39-522 sash bracket. Take a look at this hardware along with their related parts and see if you can retro fit them to your window.
A quick learner says:
Dave, thanks for your response. As shown in the additional photos attached, the operator is working fine, it is the part the operator attached to is broken. Do we have anything like that to replace?
User submitted photo of their window operator.
Profile picture of Dave
Ah, I see. Take a look at our 39-248 operator base, then. This may be what you're looking for.
A quick learner says:
Great, I have placed an order for this part. Thank you.
A quick learner says:
Received my order for 39-248 today. The unit is little different then what I have. Please see the attached photo. Help please.
User submitted photos of a window operator base.
Profile picture of Dave
The mounting plate you show in your photo is no longer available. I asked the manufacturer they said that our 39-248 is the recommended replacement. It may take some retrofitting, though. For example, you will likely have to make new mounting holes in the window main frame to install it, but the holes for the 39-092 operator should line up.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)