SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Roto window repairman

A home owner from Oahu says:
Is there a window repairmen in Hawaii that can fix me windows. Or do you know a way I can re-attach the two hinges on these windows. I bought parts (39-282 & 39-283) and none of them help.
User submitted photo of their window hinge.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Good Morning,

Do the replacement operators you ordered match up exactly with your old operators? Check especially the length of the arm.

If the dimensions of the new replacement operator match your old one, you should be able to get the new crank operator to work with your window. I believe you may have to remove the window sash to install the new arms. It should not be too hard, as you just need to screw in the new parts; but the overall process may be a little tricky.

I am sorry, we do not have any contacts to reliable window contractors in Hawaii.

Please feel free to ask more questions in this forum and I will try to help lead you through the installation process.
Profile picture of Donna
Donna from SWISCO responded:
Hi,
Looking at the images posted it appears you may actually have the 39-091 and 39-092 operators.
Donna,

Even if I buy 39-091 and 39-092 how do I connect the arms connect to them?
Profile picture of Donna
Donna from SWISCO responded:
There is a post at the end of the operator arm that sticks up, the hinge arm connects to that and then you slide the metal clip over to lock it in, (your pen is pointing towards it above in the lower photo).
Great I will purchase the parts you recommended.

Now another question. The second picture below is a different part that connects the window to the house. The pen points to the area that is broken. Do you have a replacement bracket for this also?
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
I have not seen a hinge bracket like the one you indicate in the second image. It could possibly be discontinued and no longer available. We now use our Swisco 36-013-10 2-Bar Hinge Set. This product comes in pairs for top and bottom; we suggest you replace both.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)