Rubber seal at bottom of storm door.

A quick learner from Santa Fe, NM says:
Need to replace the rubber seal on a couple of storm doors. It's got a triangle on one side at the top - 1/8" wide, and is about 9/16" wide. It looks to me like the Larsen Door Bottom Replacement Insert Product Code: 58-149 might work, depending on the measurement of the V-shape shown on your web page as the "Bottom" of the product. At the top is a circle that measures 3/32", but there's no measurement for the bottom part of the insert.

Thanks!

... Bob
User submitted photos of weather seal.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Hey, Bob. Could you use something like our 58-169?
A quick learner says:
No - that's too wide at the top. The triangular part is really only about 1/8" across. I was wondering about the measurement of the "lower" portion of 58-149 (it shows as a triangle on one side of the sweep. If that triangle would fit inside my door mount we'd be good!
Profile picture of Tom
Sure! I just measured the triangular portion of the 58-149 with a pair of calipers and got .158". It's a little over 1/8". Do you think you could get it to work?
A quick learner says:
It may be tight, but worth a try. I measured the holder visually (with a scale) at about 7/48ths or .145".
Profile picture of Tom
It seems the 58-149 is the closest match that we have.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.