Rubber seal at bottom of storm door.

A quick learner from Santa Fe, NM says:
Need to replace the rubber seal on a couple of storm doors. It's got a triangle on one side at the top - 1/8" wide, and is about 9/16" wide. It looks to me like the Larsen Door Bottom Replacement Insert Product Code: 58-149 might work, depending on the measurement of the V-shape shown on your web page as the "Bottom" of the product. At the top is a circle that measures 3/32", but there's no measurement for the bottom part of the insert.

Thanks!

... Bob
User submitted photos of weather seal.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Hey, Bob. Could you use something like our 58-169?
A quick learner says:
No - that's too wide at the top. The triangular part is really only about 1/8" across. I was wondering about the measurement of the "lower" portion of 58-149 (it shows as a triangle on one side of the sweep. If that triangle would fit inside my door mount we'd be good!
Profile picture of Tom
Sure! I just measured the triangular portion of the 58-149 with a pair of calipers and got .158". It's a little over 1/8". Do you think you could get it to work?
A quick learner says:
It may be tight, but worth a try. I measured the holder visually (with a scale) at about 7/48ths or .145".
A quick learner says:
I wonder if I'm looking at the rubber sweep portion of 40-004? Hard to tell from the picture online, though.
Profile picture of Tom
Unfortunately, the rubber sweep portion of the 40-004 cannot be removed. It seems the 58-149 is the closest match that we have.
Reply to Thread
* Mandatory fields
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
58-149 : Larson Door Bottom Replacement Insert
58-149
Price: $3.98
Larson Door Bottom Replacement Inser
58-162 : Storm Door Replacement Bottom Sweep
58-162
Price: $2.69
Storm Door Replacement Bottom Sweep