SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

S140-15 seem thicker than what I needed

A home owner from Illinois says:
Hi, Some of my window coil balance covers are broken, the spring exposed and the assembly seems blocked the tilt latch, so I can't move the sash up all the way without un-latch the sash. The thickness of the balance (I have ordered one from you, 9/16") seems need one less than 1/2". Any suggestions? Thanks,

Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Could you show me a picture of your original pivot shoe? That would help us find a good match. Can you also give me its thickness and width?
A handy person from Illnois says:
Hi, Thanks for the quick response. The width is 1 1/4" and the thickness is about 15/32. I'm attached the picture here.

User submitted a photo of window hardware.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Hello, James. It's still hard to say without seeing the pivot shoe. The cover in your picture looks somewhat like our 15-205, which in turn works with the 15-191 pivot shoe And Series 165 spring. I highly recommend removing your hardware from the window to confirm that these parts match up to what you have.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)