SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

S160-5 was not correct

A handy person from SAINT MARYS says:
I ordered a new balance for my Simonton Double Hung Window bottom sash according to Simonton it's a Luminess 400 series. I found the following info on the bottom sash (hope it helps 3/10/00 2cwp , sash bottom , HS 17 LPDH WI 27.375 X 24.063.

I placed an order with Swisco to replace the right balance . The balance parts arrived today & I discovered I ordered the wrong parts. When I started to remove the coil support I discovered another coil mounted on top. The coil support that was sent is approximately 1/2 the lengthen of the unit now installed it had two coils a #3 mounted on top & a #5 on the bottom. The pivot shoe now in the window seems smaller (in Width) than the 15-111 replacement. Assistance would be greatly appreciated. I will keep the parts sent I don't feel it's worth the hassle to return the parts. Is the balance replacement with the double coil replaced in the same manner as the single coil balance ?

Thanks,

Jim
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Hey, Jim. Please show us a few pictures of the springs in question. Please also show us a few picture of the pivot shoe, as well. Finally, give me the exact width and thickness of the pivot shoe. With this information we will try to find a match.
A handy person from St. Marys PA says:

The coils are marked #3 & #5 each are 1/2" wide.
The double coil support is 3 2/16" long & 1 1/4" wide.
I can send pictures if required.
Profile picture of Tom
Thank you! Yes, please send us the pictures I requested. Hopefully we can then find what you need.
Enclosed are the pictures.
User submitted photos of a coil window balance.
Profile picture of Tom
Thanks for getting back to us. I'm a little confused. You said your pivot shoe had a smaller width than the 15-111, but you show here that the width is 1-1/4", same as ours. Are you sure that won't work for you?
My mistake it's the same 1 1/4".
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)