S350-15, window weight 15 pounds

A home owner from Long Beach, CA says:
Hello,

I recently purchased two S350-15 channel balances. I do not think they are the right item because they do not hold up the window more than 4 inches. Also the hook on the left side balance pops out of the window when the window is opened. My window weighs 15 lbs. Can you tell me which balance would be the proper replacement item?

Thank you,
Steve B
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:
We will first need to see the original balance to dentify the proper replacement balance series. Please post some images of the original balance system.

Next, we need the length of the original balance (exclude fittings for this measure).

Finally, we will need the stamp numbers off the original balance or the window sash weight in pounds. To get the sash weight remove the window sash and place it on a scale. ANSWER: 15 pounds

If you are certain you have a 15" Series 350 balance we can have 1450 stamp options made. *A 1450 will carry a window sash weight range of 13 through and including 17 pounds.

* This information is based on 2 balances per sash. Balances are designed assuming friction in the jamb weather-strip will carry a portion of the sash weight. Suggested sash weights are approximate.
A home owner from Long Beach, CA says:
The balances I purchased from you were 15" long and have 1420 stamped on them. The original balances that broke show " 14 5 ES CALDWELL " stamped on them.
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:
The replacement window balance you need is our S350-15 with the 1450 option. Let me know if you have any further questions.
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.