What is my option for the S751-24

A home owner from Anoka, Minnesota says:
I have a couple windows that need some replacement parts. The window locks themselves say norco, however Jeld Wen doesn't seem to sell parts. This all lead me to you guys! I need a full balance assembly and some other various parts, but I was wondering if you could help verify that these look like the 24' series 751 channel, Part S751-24. I have attached two photos and I hope you are able to give assistance. Also help me determine if they are R, HD, or TG and what they even mean. Thank you, Jeremiah
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
I agree, the Series 751 looks like our closest match. The stamp option represents the strength of the channel balance. Locate the stamp on your channel balance. If your stamp does not match any of the stamp options available or you are unsure of which stamp option you should choose, please weigh your window sash and tell me the weight. We can then offer the best option.
A home owner says:
The stamp on the channel only has the number 24 on it. I assumed this was the length as I measured it, and sure enough it was 24 inches long. I weighed the sash (on a scale, how else could you do it?) and it came in at 14.6 lbs, so 15 pounds. Which initial (R, HD, or TG) would you recommend?
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thank you. If the balance is stamped with 24, you may want to confirm the length by measuring the metal channel. All the stamps for the S751-24 begin with the number "23."

If the metal channel is 24" long, I recommend that you use the 23R stamp. Two balances with this stamp can carry a window sash weight of 10 through 18 pounds.

However, if the metal channel is 25" long, you should use our S751-25 instead, this time with the 24R option.
How to install a ribbed tilt channel balance with knife lock shoe
How to install a ribbed tilt channel balance with knife lock shoe
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.