SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

S751-25 Help

A quick learner from Contoocook says:
Received the items in GREAT shape - superb packing job - thank you !

Unfortunately, they do not work in my Rivco vinyl jamb liners. The balancers fit just fine - slid right into the slot - (excellent tutorial !) - but the "catches" do not release, and follow the window un the slot.

I thought that perhaps my cams were worn, so I installed the cam pivots that came with my order. Guess that I have spent some $30.00 + dollars with no good result.

No fault of yours - your items are good, they just do not work in my Rivco jamb liners.
Could I have installed them "backwards" - I could not ascertain a front or back from the video.

Any thoughts? Any suggestions? If not, will you take the parts back?

Thanks,
Dave
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for your patience in this matter, Dave. Before you give up, lets go over a few things. When installing the new balance with the 15-014 shoe, the pointed ends should face in to you. Also the keep in mind that the 26-151 and 26-152 pivots might be installed backwards. Where one manufacturer considers left, another might consider right. It confuses us half the time, too. Hopefully this will help you. We do take returns, check our policy.
A home owner from Contoocook NH says:
Thanks Paul,

Problem solved !

pointy end of show was facing away from me - I turned it around, and now the lock unlocks when it should, and the shoe follows the window up and holds the window in the desired open position.

I looked at the video again. Would you & Mike consider adding what you told me: "When installing the new balance with the 15-014 shoe, the pointed ends should face in to you."
if and when you remake the tutorial? Very frustrating to go thru the operation and have it not work.

Obviously, I will keep the parts - they now do their job.

One more question: I am in need of some jamb liner material similar to what Mike uses in the tutorial. Where can I purchase a 46" long piece of it - white, preferably?

Thanks again, Dave
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
I'm glad we were able to help! We are always updating our older videos, so I will definitely let Mike know about this issue.

As for the jamb liner, you may be able to get what you need at a local mill work.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)