SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

SImonton window pivot shoe replacement

A professional from Dixon, Il says:
I recently placed an order for some parts for Simonton windows. I ordered 8 26-336 pivot bars and 8 15-555 pivot shoe. I took them to the home owners house and it looks like the pivot bars are the correct ones, but I believe I need something different for the shoes. It appears that the bottom shoe might work, but on her windows right now they had a bottom shoe that the pivot bar connects to but then there was also an upper part to it at about the middle of the window and the two are connected by a coiled steel band, that must act as a lift assist. Could you help me to identify that part. I could always swing by there and take some pictures if need be.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Yes, photos would be a huge help. Let me know whenever you can get them to us.
A professional from Dixon, Il says:
Here are some pictures.
User submitted photos of a coil window balance.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks! It looks liked you picked out the right hardware, yes. You should be able to re-use the old coil spring balance and support clip if they are undamaged.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)