SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

SLIDING DOOR ROLLERS

A quick learner from Virginia Beach Virginia says:
Please help I need part replacement for my sliding doors roller

and the brush supporting it to prevent dirt coming in. please see attached photo
User submitted image
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting! The roller looks like our 81-033, and the wool pile sweep looks either like our 58-013 or 58-014, depending on the door channel where the pile fits into. Please review this hardware and let me know if you agree!
Dear Mr. Tim,

Please see attached photo of the gray wool file for my sliding door.

Appreciate your big help.
User submitted photo of their weatherseal.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thank you for the additional information. I'm afraid I cannot identify what you have based on this picture. Is there any you can tell me the width of the base and the height of the pile? Thanks!
Dear Sir,

Thanks for helping me,

The measurement will be as follows;

the width from the base is 5/16

the width from the pile is 5/8

Also I took a very clear picture see attached and there is a stamp marking on the glass " Acorn South AK-85".

I hope that helps and if you need to talk to me my number is (757) 228-5005 and I'm available after 10:00 AM

Appreciate it and thanks for your big help.

Sincerely,

Mr. Bernz Diaz
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Thank you. How about our 58-099? Could that be a better match? Recheck your dimensions just to be sure.
Dear Sir,

I made the correct calculation with photo's attached to it.

The sample you provided are way off the measurement that I provide you.

Sir,

The base width is 5/16

The pile width is 5/8.

Please kindly check again if you have the match.

Sincerely,

Mr. Diaz
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
I'm afraid we do not have a wool pile with those dimensions. The stamp on your glass identifies the year Acorn made the glass (1985), not the series. That said, your roller (81-033) was used on their Series 400/1000R. The highest wool pile they used was our 58-099. I am sorry we cannot offer anything closer.
A professional from CA says:
It looks to me like your pile is 5/8" because it is squashed flat from time and use. No pile looks like that when new.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)