SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

SLiding closet door help

A quick learner from BC, Canada says:
I removed our closet doors and track to install new flooring, now when I try to put the doors back I can't figure out how to get the 2nd door in. I managed to angle the door enough to get the rear door in and the clip but I can't get the front door in...what am I doing wrong.

I watched your video posted under the 23-215 clip but it didn't help with the installation of the clip attached to the door. Is there some way to remove the clip from the door as it looks riveted to the door but maybe I'm looking at it wrong. Please help.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Taking a look at the 23-215, I see that you just have to push it up into the back of the door. You should not have to remove it. You should be able to push it up out of the way, reinstall the door, then push the nylon guide back down into the track.
A quick learner from British Columbia says:
Thanks for the post, we actually figured it out last night. Our clips are super stiff and didn't realize how much pressure was actually needed to press them down into the track, as we angled the first one in. When we put a flat head screwdrive on the white nylon guide and pressed down hard while it was aligned with the track it snapped back into place. We just didn't want to break it the first time we tried but it worked like a charm. Thank you :)
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)