SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Safari Trek Window Lock

A handy person from Rio Rancho, NM says:
This is for side windows, 1 black & 1 red, from a 1998 Safari Trek. They are cam lock type with 2 1/4" holes with apx. 1/4" catch legnth. I have a few more pictures if you want.

I think this may work but I'm not sure:

Window Lock & Keeper, 2-1/4"
Product Code: 90-097

Painting is no big deal and I can remove the alignment tabs......

Thanks, Tim
User submitted photos of a window lock.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Hey, Tim, thanks for posting. I think you might want to consider our 90-173 instead, since it does not have the alignment lugs. What do you think?
A quick learner from Rio Rancho, NM says:
I looked at that one also but the locking tab is round with a graduated thickness and I can't see if it has about a 1/4" reach to fit in the track of the opposing window slot. The ones I have lost the cam action and open but won't close back. The 90-173 might work but can't tell from the picture.

Let me know, I'm sure one of them will work.....
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
The 90-173's cam has about 1/4" reach as well. Keep in mind that this lock comes with its own keeper.
A quick learner from Rio Rancho, NM says:
The cam/latch fits into the groove of the opposite window but it still may work well without having to trim the alignment tabs.

Thanks, Tim
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)