SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Safety clips for Series 2800 Patriot/Ply-Gem Windows

A home owner from Baltimore county MD says:
I need safety clips for Series 2800 Patriot windows (now Ply-Gem Windows). I contacted my old Patriot telephone number & they referred me to you.

The plastic clips I have keep breaking.

I need help.

Thank you,
Hal
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Hal, take a look at the Swisco 70-123 Patriot Screen Clip. How do they match up to your original?
A home owner from Pikesvlle, MD says:
The clip shown is too wide - I need 5/16" wide x 1-3/16" long. It's a safety or security clip set in a groove on both sides of the upper window that when pulled out stops the lower window from opening more than about 4".
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Can you upload a few photos so we can take a look?
A home owner from Pikesvlle, MD says:
I'll try.
A quick learner says:
Paul,
There is a slit in the sash on each side of the upper window. The size of the slit is 5/32" by 1-1/8". My odd shaped security clip fits into this slit. Would any of your clips fit into this slit?
Profile picture of Mike
Mike from SWISCO responded:
Were you able to take any photos of your clip? This will be the best way to identify a proper replacement.
A home owner says:
See photo.
User photo of safety clip for Series 2800 patriot/ply-gem windows.
A quick learner says:
Did you get the photo of my clip?
Profile picture of Mike
Mike from SWISCO responded:
Although your clip was discontinued some years ago, it has been confirmed that the Swisco 26-106 Vent Lock and 26-338 Sash Stop all work in the same window cut out as the 26-104 (your discontinued latch).
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)