Sash Dyad Crank

A quick learner from Massachusetts says:
Hi,

I purchased the sash dyad crank 5" (39-187 and 39-188) in White. Everything fit perfect except the part of the arm that connects to the window is just a little to large which is stopping the windows from closing all the way. It is almost like it wont swing in. Your arms measure 5" but when I measured my old one the arm is only about 4 and 1/4". Do you have anything that will fit or any ideas on how I can make the adjustments to make the arms I purchased fit?

Thank you,
Tom
User submitted a photo of a window operator.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Hey, Tom. I'm afraid we don't have a version of these operators with that size arm. We have researched in the past but never had any luck. We do have two possible solutions, however. The first is to move the bracket to which the link arm attaches over until it is at the appropriate position. The other is to drill out the link arm on the old and new operator, then place the old link arm on the new operator with our 62-014 rivet.
A home owner from Massachusetts says:
Hi Tom,
I read your post and sadly I am going thru the same exact thing. My link arm is 4 inches from circle to circle and every single part I find online is 4.5 inches. Like you, I tried the 4.5 link arm and my window would not close. Did you ever find a solution to this?
thank you,
Janette
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Hey, Janette. Sorry to hear you're having trouble. At this time, the only suggestion we have is swapping arms using the 62-014 rivet, like we mentioned above. Sorry we can't offer an easier solution!
A home owner from MA says:
Yes, same exact problem here. The arm is 4.5" long & the part you have is 5". I'll have to drill it out & use that rivet.
Thanks
Colin
Connecting a casement window operator to stud bracket
Connecting a casement window operator to stud bracket
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a casement window
Anatomy of a casement window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.