SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Sash Release Lever

A quick learner from Peabody, MA says:
We are looking to replace some broken sash release levers. The top measures 2.5" x 3/4". The forks measure 1/2"w x 3/8"t. Will any of your replacement parts be suitable?
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Based on the size of your forks, the closest we have is our 26-119. Could this work? If not, you may be better off substituting with a surface mount tilt latch. These are different than the others in that they just screw on. We have a video tutorial that shows how we do this. We find it to be an easier solution for sashes like yours. Let me know what you think!
The height of the fork that I have is just 3/8", but item 26-119 is 7/16". That won't work, will it?
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Hmmm... it's hard to say. It may not work, no. What do you think of my other suggestion?
Yes, unfortunately I think the surface mount is the only thing that will work. Thanks for your help!
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)