SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Sash Window bottom seal

A quick learner from USA says:
I just fitted your supplied channel balances (S350-34 : 34
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
I'm sorry, I'm not sure what your question is. Are you looking to replace the seal on your window? If so, we will need you to remove a small sample and show us a picture that clearly displays its end. We will also need your measurements. Thanks!
A home owner from Arizona says:
Hi,
There isn't a seal in place that I can see, these are Alenco (metal frame) sash windows and I do not know if there is meant to be a seal. The window doesn't doesn't look as it if goes down far enough and I'm not sure if it is the new channel balances preventing it going all the way down or if it just lacking a seal
Thanks
John
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Hello, John. Thanks for clarifying. One way to check would be to remove the balances completely from the window and compare them to the balances you replaced, just to be sure they're identical. Then, with the balances removed from the window, close the sash and check to see if it reaches the window sill.

If it still doesn't reach the window sill, take a picture of both the sill and the bottom profile of the sash. That will let us see if there is a groove where weatherstripping was once applied.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)