SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Sash & weather stripping for LP windows

A handy person from Dayton, OH says:
I am trying to find the appropriate hardware and weather stripping to fix 9 LP double-hung, wooden/metal-clad, tilt windows built in the mid to late 80s. The windows slide inside seperate grooves within a foam backed plastic sash liner. (IMG-0816)
They appear to use a ribbed channel balance similar to your Series 751. I haven't found any visible screws or ways to access the balances. The outer and inner metal channels are marked #28HD & #28HDB respectively, with the outer channel 1 3/4" shorter. IMG_0814.
I removed and photographed the left and right pivot from the upper window, which were held in place by a 2 inch nail and a 1 inch #6 wood screw to help identify the channel balance. The lower window uses the same pivot. (Img_0819 & IMG_0825).

At minimum, I'd like to replace the foam filler and bubble weather stripping shown in IMG_0830 for 9 upper and lower windows.
User submitted photos of window hardware.
A handy person from Dayton, OH says:
The weather stripping appears to be 3/8 wide by 1/4 tall vs the 3/8 by 3/8 Anderson product. Is there a shorter version or does the extra 1/8 inch typically get in the way?
From what's left, it appears that the 58-053 white 5/16 bubble seal will do the job.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting! I agree, the Series 751 looks like a good match. We have a video on how to remove this kind of hardware.
As for the weatherseal, see our 58-053 and 58-188. These oth look like p ossible matches. If you also need the pivots, consider our 26-151 and 26-152.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)