SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Sash balance

A home owner from Naples Florida says:
I have a broken sash balance on a lawson double pained window. The length of the sash is 30" (metal portion only) the width is 1/2" and the stamp on the sash says "29 D 38".

Not sure which of your sashes I should use for the weight of my window. The weight of the window is approximately 40 lbs.

Thanks for your help.

Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting. I'm afraid I cannot determine what you have based on this information. I recommend that you look at our Channel Balance Home Page and follow the steps in order to find the Series that best matches what you have.

I also recommend getting the exact weight of your sash. Keep in mind that the sash is the window panel that slides up and down, not the balance itself. You say your sash is 40 pounds, but that would mean we have to custom make this. It's probably best to confirm the exact weight just to be sure. If it does have to be custom made, let me know and we can work from there. We will also need you to confirm the correct Series.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)