Sash balance on single hung Majestic Window

A home owner from Denver, CO says:
Attached are photos of the existing sash balance which broke on my 24w x60L single hung aluminum window. We have been unable to get window removed to fully see part & don't want to until we have a replacement. We looked at our options & it seems to be closest to the 370 series 1/2 wide (9/16). We could see the number 2810 on it but couldn't fully visualize the entire length & couldn't see any manufacturer name on it. The window was made by Majestic Windowall Corp- Division of Rusco Industries, formerly at 6270 E Evans, Denver, CO, is a 75-1 and was installed in 1973. At this point I'm just trying to get it repaired before winter and get it fully closed. Would like to get a pair ordered asap. Thanks for your help! Michele
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

I'm afraid I can't identify what you have based on your picture. You won't be able to identify the proper replacement for your balance without removing it from the window. That's just how they're designed, unfortunately. Once it's out, I recommend comparing your balance to those we show on this page. There won't be a number or stamp on your window that will tell you what you have. The only way to find a match is by comparing physical details and measurements.

How to identify a replacement channel balance
How to identify a replacement channel balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Broken Take Out Clip
How to Replace a Broken Take Out Clip
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.