SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Sash controls #2265 handle for sliding glass door

A quick learner from USA says:
Hello,

The subject door handle on my sliding glass door broke and I need a replacement. I'm wondering if you have one. There is a posting of an identical handle except that it was for a white finish, and my handle is polished chrome. Your reply stated that the part no longer exists but suggested a replacement of Legacy 82-073 or 82-074, depending on door thickness. I checked those models but did not see one offered in polished chrome. Is there some replacement in polished chrome?

For reference, here is the link to the posting I mentioned:

http://www.swisco.com/discussions/sliding-door-handle-for-a-gorell-door-company-not-in-existence-...

Thanks!

Regards,
Will
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Hey, Will. I'm afraid the URL you provided did not link to any discussion on our site. I think some of it may have been cut off. That said, we do have the 82-034 and 82-075. These may be what you're looking for.
A quick learner from Austin, TX says:
Hi Tom,

Thanks for the reply. The URL I sent apparently got truncated, but the handles you pointed me to look the same as both mine and the ones in the posting that I was referring to.

Both the 82-034 and 82-075 do not seem to come in polished chrome. There is Antique Silver and Satin Nickel.

Do you know if there are any locking handles of that style that come in polished chrome?

Thanks again!

Regards,
Will
Profile picture of Tom
Ah, thanks for clarifying. We may be able to supply these in chrome. Could you just confirm the thickness of your door (1-3/8" or 1-5/8")? Once we know that, we can look into it.
The distance between the handles is 1 5/8", although it looks close to 1 3/4" to me. The door is 1 3/8" with a layer on the outer surface that brings the overall thickness to 1 5/8" or maybe a tiny bit more.
Profile picture of Tom
Thank you. In that case I think a version of this handle that can work with a 1-5/8" thick door would be best. You might need to cut the length of the tail off the key cylinder to fit, but you could also possibly to reuse your existing key cylinder if you want. Does that sound good? If so, we can have a polished chrome version made up for you.
Hi Tom,

This handle belongs to a friend, so I'll look at it when I next see her. If the key cylinder is relatively easy to remove, reusing the key cylinder should be no problem. I will be getting back to you later in the week.

Thanks!

Will
Hey, Tom, could you just please go forward with the handle? I emailed my friend. She was not home at the time, but said to just go through with the order. Surely the handle is designed to make the key cylinder removable, so there should be no problem assuming everything fits. The house has two other sliding glass doors (which is a little unusual), so chrome will match the other two doors.

Just let me know if you need anything else from me.

Thanks!

Will
Profile picture of Tom
Hey, Will, sorry for the wait. I thought I had posted already. This is definitely possible! We're just waiting for these to be made up for you, and we'll let you know as soon as they're in.
That's great, Tom! Thanks!

Will
Hi Tom. I should have asked this before, but when do you expect to have this order ready? It'll be nice to have this information so that I'll be able to know when to suspect that maybe something's slipped through the cracks.

Thanks!

Will
Profile picture of Tom
Thanks again for your patience! The 82-075 is now available in chrome.
Thank you Tom!! I just sent my friend a link to the page for 82-075. I'm sure she'll order the handles very soon.

Regards,
Will
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)