SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Sash controls patio door handle

A quick learner from Pawleys Island, SC says:
My sliding door lock & handle have seen its day. It's made by Sash Controls, Ferndale, MI Model 22650, I think. Door mortise is 1 5/8", 4 inch center to enter holes., 8 1/4 X 1" external measure. One of the connecting screws flew off into screw heaven, so I hope yours come with new ones. This one is a brass look, white or brass is fine. Do you have it or something like it?
A quick learner from Pawleys Island, SC says:
After my initial note, I saw that I could take out the key lock apparatus, and also saw you have a replacement part 82.310. That should work if my assumption that the part that extends from the key lock gets inserted somehow in the receiver for the handle inside the house. I haven't quite figured out how it does that, but I'm banking on you to tell me.

Thanks,
User submitted a photo of patio door handles.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Are you talking about the thumb latch that activates the lock from the inside? If so, it's not meant to be removed from this handle since it is machine-pressed in at the factory. You may want to consider a new lockset entirely. See our 82-034 for a possible replacement.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)