Sash guides

A home owner from Florida says:
I need two sash guides in white to match up with part #2740
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
I'm not sure what it is you have. That looks like a stamp for a channel balance, which isn't a part number. We also cannot use a balance to identify a top sash guide, since most channel balances are compatible with numerous different guides. I'll need to see a picture of your top sash guide out of the window so we can see it. Specifically, I'd like to see a picture of it from the front and from the side, sort of like a mug shot. Dimensions would also be a huge help.
Please look at the attached photos to see if this can help
User submitted photos of a top sash guide.
Profile picture of Tom
Thanks! This looks like our 18-174 top sash guide. See what you think. Unfortunately, it's only available in black.
I only found them in black here in Florida. Don't understand why all windows come in white, and they are not making sash guides in white. They look terrible on the window. Can these be painted?
Profile picture of Tom
I totally understand your frustration. White windows seem to be far more common than black windows, but some manufacturers are just set in their ways. It can be painted of course, though painting from black to white never looks as good as you'd like (in my experience).
Ok...I understand I guess. Makes no sense to me that you don't carry white, but if you don't you don't. Do you know of any competitor that carries the white. This window is part of a bow window, therefore it is going to look ridiculous to have all white and then see one black guide. Thanks for your help.
Profile picture of Tom
If they made it in white, we'd carry it in a heartbeat, I promise. It's not a choice we made, it's just that they don't make in this color. I apologize for the inconvenience.
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.