SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Sash lock and keeper for double hung windows (American Craftsmen by Andersen?)

A home owner from Chicago says:
Hi, I'm looking for replacement sash locks and keeper for my windows. Here are some features:

Windows: vinyl double-hung windows, likely American Craftsmen
Color of lock/keeper: off-white/cream
Lock: holes 2 1/16" center-to-center, has Andersen windows logo on front, on back it has embossed: Acer Industrial / Made in China, looks like 90-305 except the screw holes in mine are a bit further back (away from the window)
Keeper: holes 2 1/4" center-to-center, has pegs that are 1 7/8" apart - these are in-line with the screw holes; the bottom of the keeper is NOT flat. The part that is closest to the glass is flat, but then there is a small downwards bevel (see picture).

Thanks!

Andrew
User submitted photos of a window lock & keeper.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting. See our 90-278 for the lock. This has a hole center spacing of 2-1/16" and an offset of 11/16". As for the keeper, I'm not sure if we have an exact match. The 90-311 seems similar, but its bottom is flat. Do you think you could still adapt it to work on your window?
Thanks Tom for the suggestions! I'll make some extra measurements on the originals and perhaps give lock 90-278 a try. I'll let you know how it works out.

As for the keeper, the originals are still good, but its a matter of whether the replacement locks fit them in terms of shape and also color. It seems difficult to adapt a flat keeper to the window frame.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Great, please let me know if you would be able to get the 90-278 to work. It seems similar in shape to your own lock, minus those prongs, but you should be okay without them.
Tom, the 2 dimensions listed for 90-278 match up (hole width and distance from holes to 'back' edge. Could you also send the distance from the base of the lock (where it is attached to the window frame) to where the top edge of the locking mechanism is when it is in the locked position? I would like to get a sense of whether this lock would line up with the existing keepers. Thanks!
Hi again, here is a picture to clarify the dimension I was looking for... it's the dimension denoted by the red line with arrow points. Thanks again!
User submitted a photo of a window lock.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Hello, maybe I can help. For the 90-278, the locking cam height is .247", or just under 1/4".
Thanks Paul!
Just to update - 90-278 fit the window, but I did have to loosen the the original keeper ever so slightly to accommodate the new cam lock. Thanks Team Swisco for the help!
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)